Introduction to Blockchain
NDIA is partnering with One Network and the Government Blockchain Association to host an educational event focused on the application of Blockchain’s distributed ledger technology to securing government and defense supply chains.
The Blockchain Value Formula: How to Launch a Blockchain Pilot and Prove Its Value
This event is for those in the government sector to listen and ask questions about the practical use of distributed ledgers in your agency or business. The event is designed to educate attendees on the value that can be derived from implementing distributed ledger technology and provide information on how to start rapidly implementing this in your operations. Real-world examples of Blockchain implementations in pharmaceuticals and food safety as well as lessons-learned from projects.
You will walk away from this event armed with:
- A deeper understanding of how Blockchain can deliver value
- Where blockchain is most useful in a supply chain
- The next steps for implementing a Blockchain technology pilot program
- Proving Blockchain’s real world value for your specific business.
When & Where?
Morning: 0900 to 1430 on May 10th 2018
One Network’s Center of Innovation
2345 Crystal Drive, Suite 110
22202 Arlington, VA
- How are organizations looking at the adoption of blockchain?
- In what ways can blockchain be used?
- Why blockchain is useful in a network-centric approach to supply chain.
- How to approach the governance of a blockchain network
- How to manage risk in a blockchain network?
- Original intent vs enterprise reality
- The value of shared, replicated distributed ledgers
- Distributed ledger business case considerations
- Hype or here to stay?
- Ways blockchain and the network are revolutionizing supply chain management
- How is normal evolution and disruptive technologies affecting the supply chain?
Co Founder & Chief Technology Officer
One Network Enterprises
President & Entrepreneur
Government Blockchain Association & BMNT
From her formative career as an Army soldier to her rise through the executive ranks at Cisco -- with stops along the way as employee #1 at a dot.com dot.bomb and as technology director at a leading, national policy think tank -- she has woven a rich tapestry of life and professional experience.
Connecting dots that others don’t see, she has earned a reputation for building inclusive and diverse coalitions to achieve game-changing business results.
These days, she focuses her time and talents on helping the national security community solve gnarly problems and being deeply immersed in the vibrant blockchain ecosystem, which she believes will change the world for the better in ways we can’t yet fully imagine.
Director of Research
Ying Wu College of Computing, NJIT
One Network Enterprises
David is a member of the Executive Staff at One Network, leading the Government, Aerospace & Defense market. Prior David was President and Chief Operations Officer of Binary Group. David also served as CEO of Savi Technology. David earned his MBA from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He holds a BS in Mathematics and Physics from Lenoir-Rhyne College.